12.07.2007

2007.06.12: Gerry invite to all-star wedding

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Dana's brother, the pianist Gerry Brown, has hit just the right note with Backstreet Boy Howie Dorough - and got a surprise invitation to the singer's society wedding in Orlando next month.


Gerry, who is married to Teresa, a former manageress in the Europa Hotel, Belfast, is a singer-songwriter and the mastermind behind several of his sister's albums.


He was the travelling support act across America on a few tours by the Backstreet Boys. Howie is now getting married to his sweetheart of seven years Leigh Boniello.


"Howie and I became firm friends and I have stayed with him in Orlando on private visits to the States," explained the father-of-two today.


"I've never met Leigh, from New Jersey where she has been in real estate, but I've talked to her on the phone.


"In fact it was she who called me to ask me to the wedding on behalf of her husband-to-be.


"She tells me Howie proposed to her last New Year's Eve and they have been planning the wedding in Orlando Catholic Cathedral ever since with a reception for 500 afterwards.


"I hear one of the guests could be Britney Spears who is a friend Backstreet's Nick Carter, the youngest member of the band.


"I'm delighted to be going to the wedding, especially as I'll meet up again with the rest of the Boys, Brian Littrell and AJ Mclean as well as ex-Boy Kevin Richardson who left last year to be closer to his family.


"Dana has met Howie too and every time she plays America he makes a point of turning up."


The Backstreet Boys, named after a street in downtown Orlando, have just released a new album and single.


Source: Belfast Telegraph

No comments: