11.30.2007

Nick Carter's Life Changed

Source: Telegraph

The Backstreet Boys' Nick Carter lost nearly 20 kilograms to get in shape for the release of the American boy band's latest album, Unbreakable, and upcoming world tour.

"I was really unhealthy on the last tour,'' Carter told Insider.

"I was really fat and disgusting. I never want to get to that again.

The 27-year-old weighed around 100kg at his heaviest and said it had taken him six months to get trim.

He's didn't go on any special diets and simply ate healthier food and worked out at the gym.

"I am feeling great. I look better. I feel better. I am ready to get out there and perform. I am so ready.''

Carter grew up in the public eye, joining the group when he was just 12.

The group has sold more than 100 million albums and 15 million singles worldwide.

Their hits include Quit Playing Games, As Long As You Love Me, I Want It That Way, Incomplete and Just Want You To Know.

"We definitely have to just take care of ourselves because we are getting older,'' Carter said.

"So we all have to prepare ourselves and make sure we are ready. It is a gruelling schedule.''

It's been two years since the band last visited Australia - and a lot has changed. They're now a four-piece - Carter, Howie Dorough, Brian Littrel and AJ McLean - after Kevin Richardson left the band in June 2006 to pursue other interests.

"The dynamics of the group is different, with Kevin gone,'' said Carter.

"Kevin was a perfectionist, which maybe at certain times prohibited a creative atmosphere.''

The album title of Unbreakable signifies the group's strong bond and all they've been through since forming in 1993.

"No matter what road blocks or adversities come in the way, whether people have heart issues, whether people go to rehab, whether people leave for a solo stint, whether a member leaves the group, the The Backstreet Boys is unbreakable,'' he said.

Carter lives in LA. Many would think he leads the A-list Hollywood life, but that's a misconception.

Carter, who has dated the likes of Paris Hilton, Ashlee Simpson and Kathy Griffin, said he didn't like to mix with other celebrities.

"I am not friends with a lot of people out here in Hollywood, I barely know any celebrities out here and I like it that way,'' he said. ``Most of my friends are just normal people.''

The Backstreet Boys Unbreakable is out October 28.

The band will tour Australia next year.

No comments: