4.11.2008

Regarding Nick's position in YOD

This is coming from rexy_Bc from LD
1. I received special permission from the mods to post this.

2. ANY offensive posts in this thread WILL be deleted.

3. I was hesitant to post this because my intentions are not to put Nick in a bad light in any way, shape, or form. I was hoping to try and get the message to Nick through the FC, but I don't think that will be happening any time soon. My reasons for posting are because I wanted to convey a message from the teacher who got Nick involved in the project.

I wrote the teacher, Jamie Aquino, an email, and finally got a response back the other day.

In summary, she told me that Nick was nominated for the position of special ambassador for the year 2007. When she first met him, he committed himself to writing and recording a dedicated song and launching of a website. To the best of her knowledge, he has not followed through on any of that. That being said, she and members of the UN themselves have tried to contact Nick through his publicist, but have not been able to obtain anything but vague answers. She has not been able to speak to him directly since they first met in Washington, DC. Thomas White is the new ambassador, and she believes he was appointed because they were looking for a more active participant.

I wanted to post this part of her email, though:
Quote:
I would like to see a larger group of his “fans” get together and find a
way to get a message to him. He needs to be reminded of the commitments he
made to help dolphins. I realize he is very busy with the Backstreet Boys,
but I would think he could find a little time during the year to devote to
helping dolphins. He really seemed genuine in his interest in helping the
dolphins. [...]As the campaign extends through the end of this year,
there is still time for Nick to climb aboard. I would like to see that
happen as he was one of the reasons our project developed in the first
place.

So, again, she and I both believe that he had the best intentions in mind, but at this point, he has not shown continuing interest. I am asking, on behalf of her, that should any fans see him in the next couple of months, to casually mention the YOD campaign and perhaps remind him that he is definitely still welcome to climb back on board with the project. There is no need to be vindictive about it with him - but everyone could use a little nudge every now and then.

Thank you for reading.

No comments: